"Are you on your honeymoon?" That was a question we got asked once or twice this last month! I guess we just looked like young newlyweds excited to be together exploring the world! So as most of you already know, July 10th we set off for the honeymoon of a lifetime (thanks to AJ) and it ended today:( Yes, yes, sad I know, but it's definitely time to get back to reality. AJ's been dying to do some work, I'm dying for Wingers (lol yes, complete difference of personalities there) and for some quality girl talk with my friends. Tomorrow we'll set off to Utah (only a pit stop) and try to get settled in the next chapter of our lives.
I can only imagine that hearing all about our travels in one post would be completely overwhelming and interest would be lost 1/2 way through (trust me, it would). So I think, I'll just do it little by little over the next week or so!
We started our journey with a puddle jump over to Sweden. Or was it Seattle? I don't even remember! All I know was, it was GREEN, green, GREEN!!! Flying over the country all you see are little lakes and ponds and trees that never end. It was such an amazing sight! We decided to go to Sweden because my dad served his mission there and it means a lot to him and essentially me as well. It was fun to go to the places he's been and see for reals the things that he's been telling me about for years! It was really special!
The first thing I noticed in Stockholm was the people. They were probably the nicest people I've ever met! We were sitting on the bus looking at a map and a teenage couple leaned over and asked us if we needed help! I think the key is a map because multiple times during our trip, locals would see us with a map and ask if we needed help! It was so nice! We were in love with the city on day one!
The climate is pretty mild! Very nice walking-around-town weather! And the city altogether is the cleanest city we've ever been to. I think they take pride in that as well:) We spent the first day just walking around the city and old town and just enjoying the bustling tourist season!
We are HUGE fans of taking a day and doing an excursion wherever you are! We love renting bikes or going on little dinky tours outside of the city and seeing things not many other see! The second day we took a ferry over to Volksholm, which is a little island snuggled in the archipelago. We rented bikes and rode all over the mile long island! It was delightful! It smelled of fresh pine trees and water! We found a little dock, ate some sandwiches and were enjoying each others company when some men came along. They were looking at the water and I knew something was going down. Well yep sure enough, they just stripped down right there in front of us and took a little dip in the freezing cold water. At that point we felt it only appropriate to give them their privacy;)
In the Hanks home and now the Secrist home, we do our "high and low" of the day every day at dinner. Well we'll do it now just for the fun of it and again at the end of every travel post.
High of Sweden- AJ: Fat, middle aged skinny dipper. Me: Volksholm bike ride and pistachio ice cream (best I've ever had in my life!!!)
Low of Sweden- AJ: Really expensive city. Me: Sleeping in a tiny bed (we find all our accomodations on airbnb.com. If you're looking for a really reasonable place to stay for a couple days check this site out! Best for couples who don't mind staying in other people apartments).
That is so cool that you were able to see all the places your Dad has been. I have been patiently waiting for your blogging to begin again. I am seeing the world through you so keep them coming!
ReplyDelete