Well Oxford, it's been a real delight! Who would've thought we'd live the first 3 months of our marriage here?? Certainly not I! But we did. What a weird, crazy 3 months it's been! We'll never forget the random rain storms, with occasional sunshine, the wonderful whiffs of BO every once in awhile, learning that patisserie in reference to cornish patisserie's is actually said "pasty", having weird men follow me home, walking everywhere (in heels, across uneven cobble stone roads), paying $80 just to print off a boarding pass, AJ having to wear a robe to exam day?, AND making him study completely ridiculous things, being served water in the London temple session, mysteriously loosing a bag of clothes, fields of baby lambs, etc. The list continues to build! But you get the idea! Now AJ is graduated and we are so proud of him! It's been a great experience for him and although he may say "it was not what he imagined, he wouldn't do it again", I know he grew a lot, maybe more than he even knows.
All these things made our experience here just wonderful! AJ and I learned A LOT about each other. Most couples get married and learn how to live together while still on their home turf. Yeah, well just another thing that is completely backwards with us!
Before we got married, AJ and I read a book about getting married. In that book it mentioned one couple, who went on their honeymoon a couple months after they got married. I remember telling AJ "that is so ridiculous! I want to go on a honeymoon right after the wedding, so you can post pone getting to real life.." HAHA well jokes on me! Everything I say, somehow seems to backfire;) Now here we are, tomorrow taking off to Sweden, and starting a month long honeymoon all across Europe and the Mediterranean. Not to get all sappy or anything (but I will cause I'm that kind of person), we are so fortunate to have the adventures we've had and will have! We know there are many people who would love to see the places we see and haven't even been out of their own country yet. We know that we are blessed to have the opportunity and hope that our experiences will help us help others in the future! The more we travel and see things, the more I'm convinced that I have to "pass it on", if you will. I can't wait to get back to the states and do something about it!
After this, I'm going to pack it up! Our whole flat is to be cleared out by tonight, so I better get a move on. The next month, no cell phones, no computers, no internet. Just maps, AJ and I. That has some sort of weird fun ring to it doesn't it? So, from here, I guess the only thing to say is hasta la vista!!
Now that's what I call a honeymoon!! Have fun and take lots of pictures! And if you feel so inclined, you are welcome to "pass it on" to the Rookie 6- they would love an all expenses paid trip to anywhere!!
ReplyDelete