Background

Sunday, 30 October 2011

it can't be.

Seriously?! It's already practically [NOVEMBER]. What a joke. I feel like just yesterday AJ and I got engaged (January) and just yesterday we got married and just yesterday we moved to England... and you know the rest. It's gone by SOO fast! But here's a quick recap of the past couple weeks:

{The Cottage} still moving along nicely! We took a Saturday morning to rip out all the weeds and vines in the front yard, and I took another Saturday to re-plant everything and do "a little" yard work. It's almost there! I just need to have one more tree planted and BINGO!

Inside is coming along more slowly. But what can you do? I'm struggling to find some curtains for the kitchen and a solution for above the bed. I continually find myself rummaging around on Pinterest looking for the next thing to [WOW] me. Why is decorating so hard?! Where is my mom when I need her!? Mom are you reading this? Come help me, now.

{Stanford}. AJ says he loves Stanford (the place) but doesn't love his classes. He's just speaking out of frustration though (tomorrow is mid-terms). He's finally getting the hang of the classes and is doing so well! GO AJ:)

{Homemaker}. As for me, I settled in on a new job. Back to the nanny life for me! It's different from anything I've done before, but will be a nice change and I'm excited to form new relationships with the kids. I had to choose a family with older kids though because there was no way I was going to "replace" my forever darling LA children (xoxo you two)! So the daily grind continues. We study, work, talk, study some more, etc.

I have added to the daily grind though... holiday shopping/baking/pinning! Can it come any sooner?! I can't wait to make all the peppermint cookies and cakes and decorate the tree! I'm currently looking for an inspirational Christmas tree to copy [I'm wanting something uniformed and totally "instyle"]. If anyone has any ideas..... xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so cute, you have such a voice to your writing. Best of luck on the tree, a suggestion is do a picture frame as an ornament - my sister-in-law did it and it's adorable, so I made one that says Bruns Family First Christmas, 2011. Hope all is well, it sounds grand!

    ReplyDelete