Background

Thursday, 22 March 2012

A year later.

Oh my sweet, sweet husband! Could he get any better?? Answer: no. So here we are, coming up on a year of marriage (can I get a "woot, woot"?!). I can't even believe it. It honestly flew by. Which is good and bad. Good because the hard part is over (right??!?! hahahaha). And bad because I don't want the rest of our lives to fly away like the first year! It went too fast. But I'm just so grateful for everything we experienced to get us where we are.

So what I'm really excited to tell you about... is this...
AJ loves traveling [surprise, surprise] and so do I. And sweet AJ has decided to take me on a surprise trip for spring break, my birthday and our anniversary (which all fall within two weeks of each other). I say it's a surprise, because I have no idea where we're going! But every morning I wake up to a new post-it note with a new clue! Isn't that darling?! Every time I try to guess the destination, he answers with "I'm not at liberty to say..." and he totally loves keeping the secret from me! It's really cute how he giggles about it:) So I get 3 educated guesses where he will answer me with a real answer! Let me share with you the clues and maybe you can help me figure it out?! My next "real" guess is Sunday. So hopefully we can figure it out by then!

Day 1: Like us they longed to be, after the United States they were set free.

Day 2: They drive like maniacs, but we'll be alright! Because where we're going, they drive on the right.

Day 3: Beaches, rivers, mountains and trees.. the place we're going has all of these. So pack your swimsuit, parka and shoes! There's no telling what we might do!

Day 4: When we get there we'll be filled with emotion. I hope your legs feel strong because we'll need them for locomotion. (oh they're strong alright!!)

Day 5: Oh, Boy! This is going to be so much fun! And I should mention, a long time ago they were ruled by the Sun. (after this clue I googled "countries ruled by the sun. I got Japan, Greece and Central America. I used Japan as my first "real" guess and it's not Japan. I don't think it's Greece... and today I guessed Mexico and it wasn't Mexico!!)

Day 6: Vast expanses and little streams, translated [from] their native language, "it's like a dream!"

Day 7: When we're chatting with locals, we'll strike the right tone, as long as you remember to bring your ophone (not iphone...ophone...??)

Day 8 (today): To miss this trip would be such a waste, because these folks have quiet a distinct culinary taste..

So now I'm thinking France... Paris maybe?? He knows I'm in LOVE with Paris, so that's a possibility.. but I just don't know!! Maybe even Italy?? Maybe even Utah!!! Us Mormons, sure have culinary taste;)

If anyone has any educated guesses, throw them my way! I only have one "educated guess" left and I want to get it right!!

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Oh and I'll also post pictures of our decorated place soon:D

1 comment:

  1. I would guess France (supposedly incredible food) or Italy (of course, incredible food). What a fun thing for you both! Maybe see which places are both warm and chilly, since he mentioned swimsuits and beaches, but also mountains and parkas. Good luck, let me know so I can be even more envious! ;)

    ReplyDelete