3 days before I left, I guessed Paris, because as many of you know it's my absolute .f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. place on earth. Ding, Ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I was right! & I started jumping up & down & screaming & crying. It was a hot mess. But it was all worth it because we had a BLAST!
Because we've been so fortunate & blessed to have visited Paris before, we didn't feel the need to rush around & be all touristy. So we spent the first 3 days in Paris with our good friends just walking around & enjoying the scenery. We got a baguette everyday & a hot chocolate & sat in the Tuilleries & just people watched. I felt so {Parisian}.. hahaha! I took this picture while at the Eiffel Tower. This carousal is right by the tower & it's a charming little square with children laughing & the smell of crepes in the air.... (ahhh, smell those crepes!?)
This isn't a very good picture, but it shows what we got to see while in Loire Valley! We rented a car & drove around for 3 days looking at magnificently ornate French chateaus. It's amazing what these people lived in! This picture was taken in Blois (said Blue-ah) & the sun was setting as we sat on a little ledge & just took in the scene! (Side note: I cannot drive stick shift & neither could AJ before this trip... it was quite a feat getting to our destinations, but we did it! AJ is such a trooper & videos of all these adventures are on my Facebook page.:)
This picture says everything about Loire Valley. Between little towns would be these vast fields of rape seed & green! It was breath taking! We spent my birthday in a little town called Fleuray (literally, just a hotel, the town has a population of like 10) & had my birthday dinner picnic in this exact field. We just got some groceries from the store & put some chairs down & watched the sun set. It was {magical}.
On our last day, our sweet friends put together a typical French brunch for us. It was so generous & delicious! We will never forget the great generosity shown to us by our friends Henri & Mariam & Charles.
Is it okay for me to be jealous? Loved the picture of Notre Dame. Happy birthday and Anniversary!
ReplyDelete