Second. There is just so much happiness in our life right now! Although little Bolt is no longer with us (thank you to everyone for the heartfelt prayers and sympathy. We really appreciate it!), we know he is doing better wherever he is and our lives are moving on with great speed!
I've been working a lot lately and AJ has.... not. HAHAHA but it's totally fine!! Sometimes we just don't feel like going to school;) JK sweetheart! You know I just love giving you a hard time! And through all that work I have found the time to plant a little garden. Can I just TRY and tell you how much joy it brings me?!?
Here are my herbs. Aren't they just the c.u.t.e.s.t.????? I planted some Spearmint, Oregano and Sweet Basil. Together they just make the cutest little trio. It's amazing that they grow from just sunlight and dirt and water. I mean honestly, the seeds were SO small.
The Sweet Basil was the first one to emerge into this new world. Look how tender and innocent he looks!! That was about a week ago and he continues to grow and develop just like the other kids! What a gem.
Next came little Spearminty. It took him a little longer to emerge... but emerge he did! Look at him trying to push through the tough dirt. A miracle. Before we know it, he'll be all grown up and floating around in my lemonade:)
Um... the Oregano hasn't pushed through yet. I'm worried about him, but with continual song and water, I'm sure he'll make it!
AND I'm raising some cherry tomatoes! 2 different kinds to be exact. They are just growing, growing, growing! They came in these biodegradable pot things.. and so they're planted weird and I'm afraid that might inhibit their growth, but time will tell. If they don't grow we'll just blame Home Depot.
And there they are! That saying "when God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window..."? Well when Bolt left us, the door closed. Then we crawled through the window and planted us some plants. So it all worked out!
Amanda dear you just make my life a little brighter! And I love the plants/garden! And so excited for AJ and his big adventure which means you will have time to come visit me in the big state of Texas! hooray
ReplyDeleteI love that you have a herb garden! I've ALWAYS wanted to plant one so this might inspire me to do so.
ReplyDelete