Apparently the English don't find it important enough to make washers with the capacity to hold an entire load (I've done 5 loads today, all from one hamper, hahahha I'm only grateful there's only 2 of us) nor to dry clothes either! They put a washing machine AND dryer in one machine. It's supposed to wash then go straight to drying, but the drying... what drying?!?! So everyone hangs their clothes outside. Sort of inconvenient BUT cute huh?!
So today while I'm watching Glee (yep still doin my duty to keep up on it!) I notice the computer shaking, for no reason apparent to me. I ignore it. But it happens like over and over. I take out my earphone and I hear AJ in the "water closet", hollering for me. I get over there and the door is completely stuck shut. I'm like laughing so hard I can't find the strength to pull it open! This has happened once before and AJ thought I was holding it shut or had put something in front of it. That's totally something that I would do, but at that moment I'm disappointed I didn't think of that:( SO I'm like pulling with all my might and banging my hip against it (birthing hips are good for more than one thing...) and it's seriously not opening. Then I look really closely at the little metal thing holding the door shut, you know that little thing that that knobs connect to? And when you turn the knob, it pulls into the door? Let's call it a knub. So I look really closely at the knub and it's not even moving!! So, being the complete genius domestic engineer that I am, I get a knife and I pry that little knub back..... and BAM!!! Door open. Seriously, it's good that AJ and I know how to fix it.. but can you imagine when guests go to use our water closet?! I'm already laughing my head off. Right this very moment, I'm dying of laughter!! That will make the best post EVER!!
Today I was thinking about all the weird things that take place or people do in this country. So here is a list of things someone should know if they ever find themselves here:
1. Don't say "cheerio!" Trust me, I know from experience that would make you a social pariah (if you did this you'd be an outcast). You can say "cheers" though! Someone said that to me today, so I know it's acceptable.
2. If you're trying to quit smoking, don't visit here. Everyone here smokes! Like I think I might have second hand smoke.. everywhere you go someone is smoking a fag. Oh also, speaking of fags, they call cigarettes fags. LOL right?! This is a picture AJ took right outside an office...
3. Make sure you get a wall adapter for your visit. Today I thought I'd look all cute for AJ and wash and blow out my hair. So I plugged my blow dryer into the wall and SPARKS!!! Flying from the socket! My finger was black from all the incident. I learned my lesson the hard way. Get a bigger capacity adapter for big appliances and a normal one for normal things. Because I blew the sockets in the bathroom, I had to do my hair using my skype camera on my computer. Awesome!
4. The grocery stores are lacking in every thing you could possibly want. You want Nilla Wafers? False, they don't have them here. You want shredded cheese? How much time to you have to look around the store? It's truly ridiculous. No wonder everyone here is so thin! They have nothing to eat!5. If you have an outfit you've been wanting to try out, but don't know where to wear it because it might be to "edgy" for your normal company... wear it here! The people here dress so crazy! Like today I saw this girl wearing a romper with high top Reeboks, it looked totally crazy, but because it's England no one gave a second glance! They also dress SOO cute here (the one's that aren't dressed weird)!! Save up a couple hundred dollars so you can spend them in the stores here. Then when people say to you "where'd you get that shirt?! It's SO cute!!" You can just smile at them and say "in England.."
6. Cash registers are called "tills". Restrooms are called "loos" or "toilets". Grocery store carts are called "trolleys". And baby strollers are called "buggys".
7. Kitchen appliances aren't normal size! Today I tried to fit a normal size cookie sheet into the oven, and the door wouldn't shut! So I had to hold it shut with the garbage can while it slowly cooked:) Gotta be creative! And the fridge.. is a hotel size.
I tell AJ like everyday that the reason these people aren't very friendly is because they don't have the resources we do in America. They'd be so much happier there! Bigger cars, roads, grocery stores, refridgerators, ovens, bathrooms, beds, closets, silverware and proper food and laundry services! Next time you do your laundry in your super luxurious spacious Maytag washer and dryer, remember that I'm sitting outside with closepins in my pockets hanging up laundry all over the backyard. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment