Background

Saturday, 28 May 2011

just like the pioneers.

Well for those of you who have been on trek, you might be able to relate. But even I, who went on trek, hadn't done this until just this week.


I've taken one hot shower since I've been in this blessed country. It was last Tuesday. For some strange reason, after that, the hot water ran out in our building. Ever since, we've been making due with what we have. The first day, we boiled water on the stove (it took 13 pots) and went back and forth from the bathroom, dumping it in the sink. Then we'd use wash cloths to sponge ourselves off.. Seriously borderline ridiculous! Forget trying to shave your legs in this situation! Poor AJ has delt with unusually prickly legs this past week.


Then the next time, we just said "to heck with this cold water!" And we just jumped right in! There was a lot of "AH!" and I was giggling in pain like a little girl. It was the coldest, fastest shower I've ever had! AJ was freezing for the rest of the night.. poor thing.. I think he might have had hypothermia!


And tonight we went back to the boiling water, but this time AJ just slowly poured it over his body. Hahaha, and plus our house is freezing cold. So we turn on my blow dryer and let the warm air blow into the bathroom. It's getting pretty ridiculous. We joke that we didn't know we were moving to a 3rd world country.


Plus, the repair guy said he couldn't come by till Tuesday. That's speedy service for ya! Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment