Background

Sunday, 5 August 2012

icing on the cake.

Last time we talked, I was in Montauk nannying and so far so good. All I can say is raising your own kids BETTER be easier than nannying someone elses... otherwise I'm never having kids. HAHA JK! That's a slight exaggeration. But really, it's hard work and I have deep respect for the nannies that do this full time for many years. Before we know it, this chapter of my life will close and I'll be "nannying" my own kids!

So I was doing that for 3 weeks and on the weekends AJ would come up to Montauk and hang out! He just jumped right in with those kids and I can tell that the 9 year old boy secretly admires everything AJ does. It's cute!

This last week though was a dream! It started off with us going upstate to Palmyra last Saturday. Currently my grandparents are serving a mission at the Joseph Smith farm/Sacred Grove/Hill Cumorah, and we knew we had to take the opportunity to see the sights before they left! So we flew up there and had the most perfect weekend!
What a spiritual experience we had going through the Sacred Grove, not only because it is the Sacred Grove, but also because we were able to hear the very personal "not usual missionary" testimonies, lessons and stories of my grandparents. It was hard to be there and not be overwhelmed with The Spirit. The ground we stood on was the same ground Joseph Smith walked on and the same ground on which he knelt and saw Heavenly Father and His son. Nothing is more special than that and it is something we will never forget.

 
 

Then we also toured the Smith farm and heard their whole history. If you think you've heard it all, you haven't! I learned more about the restoration last weekend than I have in my whole life! These missionaries have access to far deeper wells of knowledge than we do and it's incredible to hear them speak of it so sincerely!
 
 
Our favorite part of the tour was the Grandin building. We got there at 8pm, no one was there except for the 4 of us. And we sat and listened to my grandparents tell us how the Book of Mormon was published and the great miracles that took place to get it there. The story of E.B. Grandin is too long to tell now, but if you get the chance find the whole story! It was a true miracle that the Book of Mormon was published back then and it was there in the room where it was printed, that The Spirit testified to me of the truthfulness of the book. Nothing could've made that trip any better!

So compared to that weekend, the rest of the week was lame. Nothing to report. But if you have any interest at all in going to Palmyra, I suggest you create a greater interest and go ASAP!!! It's amazing.

Oh and then, we went to Niagara Falls. It's pretty epic. Like maybe the most intense natural phenomenons I've ever seen.

The End:)

No comments:

Post a Comment