EVERY DAY this country gets more and more weird. Like today walking to the store, this guy was like barking at me like a dog.. I guess I was just on one cause I wanted to turn around and be like "what is wrong with you people?!!" And that is just one of the MANY weird things that happen every day.
Like the first week I got here I joined LA Fitness, and I go MWF. I get a pretty good workout except for when I get distracted by the other people around me. Here's what I've seen the past month:
a) Teenage girls doing "crunches". They do crunches like this: lay down on back, crunch up, rest on elbows for 2 seconds, back down. They do like ten of those then rest. More reps of those. Try doing it. I did it yesterday as I demonstrated this for my mom and AJ and felt nothing! I don't understand what this is doing!!
b) American's love their Diet Coke, Coke and Coca-Cola. I guess the Brits love them more! Not once, but twice this month I saw people drinking Diet Coke's on the TREADMILL!! Not joking. One had a can (saw her yesterday), one had a cup (2 weeks ago). Isn't that defeating the purpose of working out?! I was blown away.
c) On the same note: Yesterday a girl walked out of the gym eating a bag of Lays potato chips. HAHAHA!
So last week, AJ and I were on our way to this orchestra concert and we're walkin along when out of NO WHERE, something wet lands on my arm. Now, a little background: sometimes when I'm walking under the trees, I'll feel a little wet on my face or arms or something. Like you know! Just a little drop or something, like rain! Well I started noticing it happening when it's not raining or hasn't rained in awhile. So I looked it up online. Cicadas are to blame. They are these little cricket things that live in trees and occasionally will squirt "something" that lands on the inhabitants below. Now I avoid walking under trees. Anyway! So I thought this wetness was another cicada juice. Yeah looked down. A PIGEON POOPED ON MY ARM!! I'm like freaking out! It's right in front of a pub, so I'm trying not to overreact, but come on!! It's fresh, wet, pigeon poop!!! AJ, brilliant man, tries to get it off with a LEAF! Effective? Not really. But it got the job done. I ended up spitting on my arm and wiping it off with more leaves... seriously such a joke!
We got a new vacuum this week. He's so cute!! Vacuums here have little faces on them and it's darling! Ours is named Henry and here is a picture of him:)
Isn't that just darling! Cleaning the house has been just a delight! How can it not be with such a chipper vacuum??
Speaking of darling things: two weeks ago, AJ and I were walking to church and we walked over this bridge crossing a river. We looked down and saw the CUTEST thing I've EVER seen! 30 baby ducks were following their mother down the river! I've never seen so much cuteness in one setting! They were all lined up single file and it was just breathtakingly cute!! I didn't have my camera with me at the moment, but luckily on Friday when we were at a rowing event, we saw 5 little chicks with their mother and I got a picture then!

1. Kinda makes you wonder why some people even bother going to the gym.
ReplyDelete2. Been pigeon pooped on myself at the zoo once...not fun!
3. Is that really your vacuum cleaner? It looks like a little plastic children's toy. Very cute!