Every day people ask me what I do all day. I thought I'd just tell everyone now, so in the future we can talk about more important things! Our day starts around 8:15 (many are envious I know! I used to wake up at 6:15 everyday, so this is a luxury!) and we both get up and have breakfast. Then AJ goes to school and I'll clean up the house and do laundry or something. Today I cleaned then walked over to the river and read a book. As I sat there I honestly started laughing inside that I was sitting in England, by the river, reading a book. I'm 20 years old, and never EVER pictured myself doing just that. It was crazy!! But I'll go to the gym for a bit then grab AJ from school. It's fun picking him up from school! It's practice for me at getting our kids from school on time;) And we'll go get the dinner groceries and head home. It's only like 2 miles max to the city center from our house, but it seems like FOREVER!!! Maybe because we just see the same old things everyday and it's now boring. But when you walk everywhere and it's all 1-3 miles away, it gets old fast. Sometimes I'll see a Kia Sorento (the car I have back home) on the road and my heart will call after it. It will be a sweet reunion!
So the afternoon putters by. AJ doing homework, me doing... who knows what. Pretty much my entire day consists of me doing productive things, but dragging them out to last way longer than they should. Like when I go to Ikea here, I walk really slow and look at things I'm not even that interested in. Haha, who does that!? I'm getting to be a pro at wasting time;)
Evening we'll have a delicious meal of some sort (tonight turkey meatballs, pasta and ceasar salad) and end up watching Bachelorette (AJ loves masked Jeff;) or Office... it's a quiet day here at 208 Iffley. But no complaints! I feel very blessed to say that I got to live in England for the first 3 months of my marriage, not everyone has a story like that.
I don't think I'd mind idling my time away in England for a few months! What great memories you will have!
ReplyDelete